Benefits of Queue Management Through SMS Notifications
Time is of essence for everyone these days and therefore queue management systems for hospitals and other industries are a very effective technique for customers. E-commerce has been gaining speed and therefore customers have become aware of the existing technology and always demand for better services and solutions. SMS based queue management system is one of the most effective way of ensuring customer satisfaction as it has various advantages linked to it.
Benefits of SMS based queue management over other systems:
* Allows the customers in any sector like hospitals and restaurants to book an appointment or table with just a click away.
* Bookings and reservations can be done virtually and the need for an in-person interaction for any changes is eliminated.
* It is cost effective as it eliminates the need of excess staff for making any bookings or cancellations.
* If there are no customers, there is no service cost.
* Any individual who has even a basic hand set can make use of this feature thus making the system economical for everyone.
* Updates to customers are easily sent as messages get delivered even if the signal strength at the recipient’s end is low. A call, on the other end would need good signal coverage to get through.
* It is independent of the circle. If roaming services are active on phone, one can send and receive messages.
* Conversion rate in case of SMS based queue system is higher. Both parties can notify of their availability and the allotted appointment slot can be moved to the waiting list.
* Since the availability check can be done easily, ROI in case of SMS queue management system is more.
* This system is extremely helpful in case of seasonal queuing. Customers are made aware of the available time slots well in advance and it helps them in managing their bookings.
* Customers have an advantage to book a timeslot of their preference.
* An effective way of storing historical data and booking information.
* It’s a cheaper way for customers as well as cost of an SMS is lesser as compared to call.
* Customers can send the updates using SMSes at any point of time (day or night).
A business setup which switches to SMS based queuing typically continues with it weighing in more advantages than disadvantages. It works in favor of not just the business and the customers but also for the employed staff as they are better able to manage the footfall and plan their availability.